Upstate New York
To those who are from upstate, no explanation is necessary...
To those who are NOT from upstate, no explanation is possible!
You know you're from Upstate NY when:
- Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
- "Vacation" means going to Lake George for the weekend.
- You know several people who have hit deer more than once.
- You often switch from "Heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
- You use a down comforter in the summer.
- Your grandparents drive at 65 mph through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching.
- You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events.
- You install security lights on your house and garage and then leave both unlocked.
- You think of the major food groups as deer meat, beer, fish, and berries.
- You carry jumper cables in your car and your girl-friend knows how to use them
- There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at the Stewarts at any given time.
- You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
- You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and flannel pajamas. (YOU MEAN IT's NOT?????)
- You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, under construction.
- It takes you 3 hours to go to the store for one item even when you're in a rush because you have to stop and talk to everyone in town.
- You actually understand these jokes and will forward them to all your friends from Upstate NY.